Gratitude:UnFiltered ReMixed Volume 20 “Jerry Zehr”
Welcome to Gratitude:UnFiltered ReMixed Volume 20 on the Live Mana Worldwide Foundation’s Multimedia Broadcast Network, powered by e360tv. On this broadcast, Jerry Zehr dives into the meaning of inner faith ministries, loving your neighbor, the teachings of Jesus and Paul, sexuality, civil disobedience, and many more controversial issues you will have to just see for yourself. Meet Jerry.
Jerry Zehr is an ordained minister and has been a leader in Interfaith ministries for over 35 years. He has helped create four interfaith organizations, including the Carmel Interfaith Alliance and the Indiana Multifaith Network. Jerry and his wife Diane have been married for over 37 years with two daughters and two grandchildren.
What happens when you defy the very reason you were created? What are the consequences of disobedience? Read the new thriller by Jessica Linn and Joshua T Berglan, The Devil Inside Me, a real-life, twisted story that will leave you breathless. Click here to learn more!
Jerry leads workshops, retreats, and speaks at events on different aspects of
• Developing Inner Peace,
• Learning to Forgive
• Living into Your Fullness
• Exploring the core values that are in all the World Religions
• Why is there violence between our Faith Traditions
• How to become a peacemaker
• How to bring unity and shalom to our world
Before Jerry went into the ministry, he was a professional actor performing in over 50 musicals and dramas. His novel “Blurring the Lines ” tells of his experience in the entertainment business in Los Angeles, California. The theme running through the book is “What Are You Willing to Sell Your Soul For?”
Jerry has a Degree in Speech and Theater from Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana, and a Master of Divinity degree from Christian Theological Seminary, Indianapolis, Indiana.
My new book The Peacemaker’s Path: Multifaith Reflections to Deepen Your Spirituality brings together wisdom from the world’s major religious traditions, including Baha’i, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Native American spiritualities, Sikhism, Taoism, and Zoroastrianism, showing that we have much more in common than what divides us.
Through daily readings that explore the tenets, teachings, writings, and prayers of these diverse faith traditions, you will gain new insight, understanding, and connection with people from different religious backgrounds. Each day offers a reflection, scripture passages from the world’s religions, questions to contemplate, a call to action, and a closing prayer.
There are six themes, with one week given for each topic. People can read the 40 entries one day at a time or read one week if they are in a small group or read the whole book in their time frame. Here are the six themes of the book.
• Theme One, Walking the Enlightened Path explores walking the enlightened path. All religious traditions encourage people to awaken and grow in their relationship with the Divine. We will examine the value of connecting with creation, respecting others’ beliefs, and embracing mystery and wonder to enhance our spiritual journey.
• Theme Two, The Power of Prayer, is learning how to claim the power of prayer. We will explore aspects of prayer and how they can increase our inner peace and connection with the Divine. Reading scriptures from our faith traditions on mindfulness, gratitude, patience, and connecting with others can reach new depths in our own prayer lives.
• Theme Three is reflecting on the importance of Loving Ourselves. As we grasp the aspects of being created in the image of the Divine, see the importance of being true to ourselves, learn to trust, and forgive ourselves, we can strengthen our personhood.
• Theme Four discovers the richness we gain as we Love Others. Let us explore the values of listening, empathy, compassion, generosity, encouragement, and forgiveness. When we embrace these aspects, we will make an impact on those around us.
• Theme Five explores the theme of Actions and Impact. We have different names for this universal truth: karma, reaping and sowing, cause and effect, the law of attraction, and so on. Let us see how our desires with intentionality, character, and perseverance can improve our quality of life.
- Theme Six is our Quest for Peace. As we learn to develop peace within, advocate for others, offer mercy, and initiate reconciliation, we can become peacemakers.